Oops. I do apologise for the rather lengthy absence, rooted in my terrible talent for procrastination…
It has been quite the year since my last blog post. I’m not entirely sure what happened to blogging along the way – there were times when I just didn’t feel like sharing what was going on in my head, and other times where procrastinator supreme “I’ll write a post next whenever” prevailed. But now life has evened out a bit, and I want to get back to my original reasons for starting thins in the first place – revelling in the small things!
A debrief of the last 12 months would have to include the following highlights:
- I survived two months travelling solo in the South Pacific – more about that here!
- I graduated! (Still convinced they’re going to decide that was a clerical error one day…)
- We moved across the country and managed to navigate the traps of house-hunting; our well developed damp-sensors once again proving invaluable!
- I started my first job (and have thus far survived!)
- My little (6ft) brother has finally found his calling and has been given the opportunity to go follow his dreams in September – super proud!
- We ticked a few places off our travel bucket list.
- And finally, and most excitingly…
- My aforementioned other-half asked me a very important question, to which the answer was a very slightly hysterical YES; we are now enjoying bumbling through the world of wedding planning together!
As I said, quite the year! I will be blogging a bit about my travels, and a few important bits and pieces, but mainly trying to focus on the little smiles just like before.
Thanks for staying interested if you’re still reading!